Reducing the spread of germs is an important task, especially when interfacing with so many co-workers, clients, friends and family members each day. But how harmful can skipping the good ole’ hand washing routine be? According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), it’s a bigger issue than most of us think. Below is a list of hand washing facts to think about from the CDC:
- It is estimated that washing hands with soap and water could reduce diarrheal disease-associated death by up to 50%.
- Researchers in London estimate that if everyone routinely washed their hands, a million deaths a year could be prevented.
- A large percentage of food borne disease outbreaks are spread by contaminated hands. Appropriate hand washing practices can reduce the risk of food borne illness and other infections.
- Hand washing can reduce the risk of respiratory infections by 16%.
- The use of an alcohol gel hand sanitizer in the classroom provided an overall reduction in absenteeism due to infection by 19.8% among 16 elementary schools and 6,000 students.
Shocking right? So what can you do to proactively combat the spread of germs in the workplace?
Check your business and make sure you are providing adequate hand washing supplies and sanitation stations throughout your office. Our recommended products can be found on the “Janitorial Supplies” tab on the leftmost column of this webpage.
Need suggestions for which products are best suited for your office? Shoot us an email today at email@example.com and our team will be happy to help!
Happy National Safety Month and cheers to a very healthy and hygienic workplace!